CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Old Keloids, Fresh scars, needing some advice

Kyrakitty Views: 25,677
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,768,698

Re: Old Keloids, Fresh scars, needing some advice

Iodine for keloids is a commitment. It takes work. I have keloids after a surgery and covering them with any kind of plastic makes it itch like you are going insane.

Trust me you will not want to cover them. I read in another link here on cure zone that the author covered them specifically to take better pictures for the paper you read and that he said it will work just as well if you don't cover it with plastic.

My scars were reduced by 30%. It is like a chemical peel but instead of using acid you use lugols... it turns the top of the scar into a hard brown thick shiny plastic looking scab and then slowly the scab peels away to revel softer smaller scars. It wont happen with one application to get it to peel the first time. For me it took a week of applying Lugols 3 times a day before the skin turned into a hard plastic shell and then it took nearly 2 weeks for it to completely peel off. So far I have only done it once but plan on doing it as many times as I can until I get the result I want. I put plastic over it 3 times and though I was going to rip off my skin because it made it itch sooo bad. I suffered through it after 45 min the burning itching stopped but after that I didn't apply plastic over it, it wasn't worth it.

It is supposed to kill the infection that caused the keloid. Many believe that the keloids formed because the body bound up the infection at the incision to protect the body and bound up the infection in the keloid. I believe this is true. I never have problems with keloids and this surgeon was a complete ass and a butcher and I think his bad job somehow left infection at my incisions which caused the first keloids I have ever had after surgery. I have had several surgeries and cystic Acne and I never have keloids from any previous surgeries and have no scars on my face from my cystic acne.

I hope that helps.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)