CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Fluoridated water for infants ?

fulcanelli Views: 3,389
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,786,548

Re: Fluoridated water for infants ?

I don't know about any of that, but the link I pasted contained the following; although I have not pulled the references and read them:

"These findings show that plasma fluoride is poorly transferred to breast milk and infants thus receive almost no fluoride during breast feeding... The existence of a physiological plasma-milk barrier against fluoride suggests that the newborn is actively protected from this halogen. Hence the recommendation made in several countries to give breast-fed infants fluoride supplementation should be reconsidered."
SOURCE: Ekstrand J, et al. (1981). No evidence of transfer of fluoride from plasma to breast milk. British Medical Journal 283: 761-2."

"[I]nfant formulas reconstituted with higher fluoride water can provide 100 to 200 times more fluoride than breastmilk, or cows milk."
SOURCE: Levy SM, Guha-Chowdhury N. (1999). Total fluoride intake and implications for dietary fluoride supplementation. Journal of Public Health Dentistry 59: 211-23.

"[I]n an area where the fluoride concentration is one part per million the daily fluoride dose in the newborn infant will be about 800-1000 ug/day (micrograms/day) when a milk substitute is used, whereas the fluoride dose for breast-fed children in the same area will not exceed 10 ug/day."
SOURCE: Ekstrand J, et al. (1981). No evidence of transfer of fluoride from plasma to breast milk. British Medical Journal 283: 761-2.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)