CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Adult Child of a possibly borderline parent

Views: 6,101
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,698,651

Re: Adult Child of a possibly borderline parent

"She attempted to contact me and of course, acting as if nothing ever happened. So I asked her why she left the wedding. She went into this tirade of basically villanizing me, claiming that I was mean to her and twisting around things that were said and taking very mundane things very seriously and personally. This is common for my mom, she has a tendency to embellish things and to twist things and to completely absolve her responsibility in anything."

This part sounds like my narcistic, wackjob father. Might want to read up on that too. That's the problem with these kind of personality disorders..there's too many names and they tend to have the same symptoms or multiple disorders in one.

The options are all basically the same..cut them out of your life or keep them at a distance. Sucks.

I used to be "friends" with a 30 something old women.. She has a 15 year old. She was diagnosed with bipolar and ADHD and when she's off meds..she's horrid to that kid but it doesn't sound like what you described. It's more mood swings. One day she hates him and screams and he's always in trouble and the next she's taking him shopping and out to eat. I know 15 is nowhere near 30..but just saying..there's major mood swings.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)