CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The importance of zinc

Cheshire77 Views: 42,383
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,635,234

Re: The importance of zinc

In my original post I quoted a source which claimed that zinc is involved in metallothionein proteins (MT), and that MT is critical in controlling yeast.

I don't know very much about MT, but today I found another website which supports this zinc/MT/Candida link. It claims that MT "kills Candida and helps regulate bacterial levels in the mucosa". Obviously killing Candida is a good thing, but if it also improves (increases?) the bacterial levels in the intestinal mucosa, then this is terribly important in long term protection against Candida. The author also claims that MT production is dependent on zinc (and selenium, histidine and cysteine).

The website also links weak MT to casein/gluten intolerance, hypersensitivity to mercury, poor immune function, low stomach acid, tendency for yeast overgrowth, leaky gut and behavioural problems. All are issues for me. Weak MT is also more common in males (tick).

It seems zinc supplementation is key to restoring normal MT levels and function.

"The Pfeiffer Treatment Center has developed a nutrient therapy to promote metallothionein in the gastrointestinal tract, brain and elsewhere. Aggressive zinc loading must precede any attempt to promote MT for best results. Each molecule of MT requires 7 atoms of zinc to function properly. Premature synthesis of MT at the intestinal mucosa can temporarily prevent zinc transport into the blood, which can result in severe irritability." I am certainly more irritable when taking zinc.

I am starting to think that low MT/zinc may explain why some people are more susceptible to candidiasis. Is this a major factor for most people affected by candidiasis? I think it's possible, but only speculative at this stage.

Here's the website.
http://www.allnaturaladvantage.com.au/Metallothionein.htm

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)