CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: My life and symptoms on Mirena

MMJN Views: 4,845
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,097,751

Re: My life and symptoms on Mirena

Hi Jessica,

I had tears in my eyes when I was reading your post in particular. I just fell on the website while researching about side effects for Mirena. I have had Mirena inserted 2.5 yrs ago, and since then, I litteraly had NO IDEA that everything I was experiencing was ever going to be validated. I have had a VERY long list of symptoms that many of the women on the forum posted. And tears were rolling down face because I finally knew I wasn't crasy.

I litteraly could take your post, and sign my name at the bottom. It described all my symptoms so well.

I have been told by my doctor for a very long time now that all my symptoms were due to "lack of sleep", (regardless of if I slept well at night or not), or due to being over worked at home with the kids, and with my work outside the home... etc etc... And I felt like I was loosing my mind. The only difference with me, is that I never attributed my symptoms to Mirena. I had never thought of that. But when I look back, it was not that long after it was inserted that my symptoms started! So it all started making sense.

My forgetfulness, and just always being like in a fog has been so hard on me. I used to be a very smart and intelligent and SHARP person. But now, I have lost my edge. My work suffers for it. I suffer from Anxiety (that I had NEVER had before), feeling of crying, mood swings, NO energy what-so-ever, constant fatigue, living in a daze, no sex drive, waking up constantly during the night, breast pain, and recently, I started waking up in some kind of a hot flash, and when I take off my covers, I am then freezing. This is just a few of my symptoms.

Now that I have read that so many others are going through the same thing, I am relieved and feel finally validated. But having said that, I am now terrified. I still have my IUD, and I made some calls to get an appt. at my family physician to get a referal to an OB/GYN to have them take it out, but it'll probably be weeks or a couple of months until I can get an appt. and I just want it out NOW! About the toxicity from the silicone, this is very scary stuff... I will absolutely get tested for that asap. But does the silicone ever leave the body after a while (years)?

Thanks for starting this forum, and this discussion board. It's nice to know that I am not alone. I will send you an email for the class action lawsuit.

M.E.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)