1) completely neglects that fact that not all vitamins, nutrients are water soluble, such as vit. A, etc.
2) neglects that the body doesn't directly absorb vitamins, nutrients by their being water-soluble alone, rather, such as in the case of Cu, Zn, Mn, etc., it is actually proteins that compete for these, solvent effects of water playing a minor role.
3) neglects that nobody in their right mind subsists on water alone, rather, most drink juices, and other beverages
4) leaves no explanation for how people who subsist on cistern-derived water are able to live so long, as certainly there aren't enough minerals in the atmosphere
5) neglects me, who has not knowingly used anything other than distilled and RO water for the past 21 years.
6) neglects the merits of the alternative of using purified water, which is to drink city water or other non-purified water. One would need to analzye whatever water they are going to drink, if they are to know what's in it, which can include of course dead or living bacterium, fluoride species, heavy metals, pesticides, drug metabolites, etc. By using purified water, the question of the presence of these is no longer a consdieration.