CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Coconut oil for earwax impaction?

Views: 54,596
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,429,150

Re: Coconut oil for earwax impaction?

hey jessesmom :) ...are you familiar with SSKI ? it's super saturated potassium Iodide (a form of iodine) and it is very efficient at dissolving fats so, i take my usual 1 capful of peroxide and add 3 drops of the SSKI (that's what i started with but over time i tolerated more), use a dropper to lightly mix it up then put the drops in my ears and, of course it's up to you whether you want to try this and, not everything works for everyone, but for me it really gets the wax buildup and gets out excess water, and when i get a painful infection it helps with draining fluid

...or there's just good ol' peroxide by itself, nicely cleans the inner ear and isn't drying or harsh
...vinegar with alcohol (half and half) works too, a little stronger, cleans and gets excess water out, and helps with bacteria which can easily overgrow when someone has to wear earplugs a lot...

and the coconut oil is really so gentle, i don't think anyone would regret trying it .....and if u empty out the excess, what's left behind will help ear plugs insert more easily and not irritate the ear! :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)