CureZone   Log On   Join
Coconut oil for earwax impaction?

summerhaunt Views: 56,290
Published: 15 y

Coconut oil for earwax impaction?

I know that a lot of folk remedies (and something even mainstream doctors recommend) suggest putting warm olive oil in the ear to dissolve impacted earwax. I've read earwax is oil based, so using olive oil or mineral oil will soften or even dissolve the earwax so that the body can eliminate it as it normally would.

Would anyone know if maybe coconut oil might do similar? I don't have the olive oil on hand, but do have coconut oil. And coconut oil is even better with being anti-pathogenic, in case there's infection. I'd really much rather use coconut oil.

I've been feeling tightness in one ear and some loss of hearing (too young for it to be age related, and I don't expose myself willingly to excessive decibels—the unwillingness is our youngest child's "regular" voice which is a yell, and all the kids wanting their music loud, but I try to stay away from that). That ear all my life used to wax up more, but I've noticed very little wax from it the last several months, which makes me think there's impaction. No real pain, except for when there's extreme changes in barometric pressure (like the recent derechos we've gone through here in the Ozarks).

I do not want to do ear candling. I have tried hydrogen peroxide, but I wanted to add something that I can leave in the ear while I'm up and about, which would be the oil solution. I also tried Colloidal Silver , in case it was infection, but I don't think there's infection so it didn't do anything. IF there is infection, it's back in where it can't be gotten at (my guess) because of impacted wax.

Please, give me your thoughts on using coconut oil for this! I want to fix the problem now, before I have to go on a schedule June flight. Even if I don't hear from anyone on this right away, I probably will give it a try tonight after work ... won't do any harm.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.047 sec, (1)