CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Endocrinologist consult is needed

DianeKJ Views: 9,892
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,401,769

Re: Endocrinologist consult is needed

I would suggest an ND as well. I have hashimoto's thyroid, diagnosed about 15 years ago. My GP was an idiot at the time and tried to convince me that I was just depressed and needed to see a shrink. After much researching on my part I diagnosed myself. I went back to him and Begged him to test my thyroid. Boy was he surprised, my numbers were of the charts bad.

Many horrid GP's later, being told my numbers were normal, but still no relief from symptoms, I decided I should see and Endo. After battling long and hard to get a referral and waiting several months to have an actual appointment I was very dissapointed. The Endo treated me with disdain and as if I were wasting his time. I was young then, but I remember leaving his office embarassed for wasting his time and feeling like an idiot. Western medicine has failed me. I think it has it's place for big operations, surgeries, heart issues but for everything else I think it sucks.

Be your own advocate. Find an ND you resonate with, there are also some crappy ND's out there so consult with a few. Good luck on your journey to health, you will get there.

-Di

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)