CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Anal Itching

Views: 62,575
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 6,023

Re: Anal Itching

On a scale of one to ten, the anal itching I experienced was a twelve; it was so bad, I would often wake up at night itching, my anal area was wet, and I would scratch until I left marks. I tried many, many things - prescription creams and over the counter powders and washes intended for this problem. I even tried antifungals (we live in a tropical environment). I was told I had very minor heraroids, but that they were likely at the heart of my problem. I never believed that, and now realize that really was not the case. The itching still continued. Luckily, I came across a posting that suggested some itching could be diet related. I had already cut out just about everything on the suggest list of problem foods, and certainly didn't drink anything with caffine (or so I thought). But I was so desperate, that I decided to give up the large decaf ice coffee drink that I drank every morning. Within a few days, the itching was almost completely gone! Decaf coffee! I would never believe that something in my diet -- seemingly benign -- could cause such extreme symptoms. The itching was almost like a second job! I figured I would be cursed with it forever. To anyone who relates to this posting and has not found a sufficient answer to why they have such terrible symptoms, do keep a food journal of what you eat everyday and start to eliminate particular foods and see what happens. You never could have convinced me that making a simple dietary change would have such a positive impact. By the way, I still itch from time to time but no where near the way I used to. I believe that itching may be related to the humid weather here, or wearing a damp bathing suit. Think I will always need to be careful.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.108 sec, (1)