CureZone   Log On   Join
2 weeks in

Roooth Views: 3,055
Published: 15 y

2 weeks in

I read somewhere that this is not a fruit/nut based diet - it's vegetable based. This is key for me. I don't know why this makes such a big difference for me but it explains why I had trouble before trying to increase the % raw foods in my diet. If I had too much fruit, I do start to crave. Perhaps it's the sugar? Dunno but today I did and I haven't had enough veggies lately. I actually had some cravings, to my surprise. Nothing bad but I did give in and have way more nuts/grains than I should have on the early stages. So I went home and made that big veggie stew that I was supposed to make yesterday but didn't. I ate a bunch and now I feel quite satisfied. Funny, the fruits seem more appealing initially so it's easy to go with them... but the veggies really satisfy my body & cravings. So I'm going to have an eye on that and cut the Larabars to a minimu since they are fruit and nuts.

Mouseclick, I thought of you when I made my stew. It was so beautiful and tasty! I wanted to take a pic for you but my camera broke 3 weeks ago. I'll tell you, I loved the broccoli, cauliflower and zuccini. I can see why Dr. Fuhrman blends the leaves - they add good flavor but aren't my favorite part of the texture although they were okay. I used his soup chart to just throw it together (like a real cook!). I took all the veggies in my fridge, dumped them into a base of water w/veggie boullion, added a can f split pea soup from the health food store and simmered it for a while. Then I added any spices that smells good - rosemary and thyme and others - and a hearty helping of cayenne pepper which I love. It was so good I can't wait to eat more for lunch tomorrow. :-)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)