CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Talking to Strangers on the Phone

Views: 3,940
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,307,467

Re: Talking to Strangers on the Phone

Herb-gal---It's one thing to discuss sex with friends or relatives it's a whole 'nother thing to discuss it with a total stranger who calls you up and gives a fake name. Deep down I think you know this, too, or else you wouldn't have posted here wondering if talking to this stranger was alright. You don't know this person---he could be a pervert thus talking about sex in any way, shape or form is a bad omen. This bears repeating---you could well have placed yourself in danger. Even if you had just met a person face to face and were chatting, bringing up sex is not a good thing for a first conversation.

I'll give you an example. During my freshman year in college, I came back to my room to find my roommate having a discussion with a guy. She introduced me to him then they both left the room, going their separate ways. A few minutes later, this guy called our room pretending to look for her. When I told him she wasn't there, he asked if he could come back up and talk. Seeing nothing wrong with that, I said "ok". He came up and I insisted in leaving the door open. At first it was inocuous conversation but then he started to tell me how he spank the monkeyd all the time--even in public and can't help himself. Needless to say, this raised a bunch of red flags. Soon after hearing that, I managed to get him out of the room. When my roommate came back I told her what happened. She was shocked and told me she had just met him that day and he didn't say anything like that to her. She apologized. It turned out, through the years, I began hearing stories about this same guy showing up at the library and playing with yourself, spanking the monkey (with his clothes on). Fortunately, my roommate and I never spoke to him again. We also called the campus directory and they had no record of him being a student there.

You see---there is a time and a place for that type of conversation. In his case, he needed to be having that conversation with a therapist. These are not topics you bring up with total strangers! As it was, my roommate and I dodged a bullet---things could have been worse.

I do hope you take a lesson from your experience---and mine. In your case, the lesson is not to be so forthcoming with total strangers. I learned to trust my gut and when it screamed at me that something wasn't right to listen to it.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.137 sec, (2)