I missed reading this post a week ago, so I have moved it to the front hoping someone smarter than me will see this and give us some answers.
You know, last summer I took Putter, my dog, to the vet. I noticed all the different pictures of worms and parasites on a chart that he kept on the wall. I mentioned to him how terrible it is we make such a fuss about dogs getting worms and parasites, but never zero in on adults having the same things. He looked at me like I was crazy and his statement floored me. "Only children can get parasites," he said.
My only thought was---"He went to medical school for THAT???"