CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Does anyone know of a cure for Fuchs Dystrophy

Views: 15,748
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,255,457

Re: Does anyone know of a cure for Fuchs Dystrophy

It's great to see you taking such initiative in your health. I'm very happy to hear you're doing so and I wish you the best. I work with blind people every day as well.

First of all, Fuchs Dystrophy is genetic. It runs in families, a few chromosomal loci have been found in which the gene most likely is, and researchers are working very hard to find the exact gene that causes the most common kind. But don't blame yourself or let yourself be blamed! It's not your fault you got it. Mutations happen and things get passed on from generation to generation. It just so happened that this is what you received. So don't worry about that. Men get it too.

The disease was named after Ernst Fuchs (an Austrian ophthalmologist) who first described the disease in 1908 from patients he started seeing in 1899 or 1900. It's "Fuchs Dystrophy" or "Fuchs' Dystrophy," was way before our current vaccination schedules, artificial foods and it wasn't even here in the States.

So, if my mother had Fuchs, what would I tell her to do? If it's in the early stages, it may not progress quickly and you may never notice it, and it's probably worth not worrying (worrying itself can hurt your health. chronic stress can raise steroid levels in your body and be harmful, so keep yourself relaxed). If you're starting to get blurriness, then your physician can provide you with all-natural treatments like salt drops or techniques using warm air. They're the experts on this, and it's all-natural.

My personal appeal would be to see if there are any studies around in which you could enroll to help discover what's causing this disease. That is the most important thing right now, is to find out what's the exact cause. Once you find out what's causing it, then you become closer to the goal of treating it. But it can be dangerous to come up with "cures" for a cause we don't know.

Otherwise, a healthy lifestyle is always a good way to go. Live, love, learn, exercise, eat in moderation. Too little or too much of anything is bad.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)