CureZone   Log On   Join
replacing butter etc. with coconut oil

dragonseer Views: 10,365
Published: 16 y

replacing butter etc. with coconut oil

I know there is a coconut oil forum and this has probably been discussed before. But this seems like a question for this forum and it's been on my mind.

I have been thinking about cooking without butter. I already replace butter with coconut oil for instance for frying eggs, oh that is so good. What are some tips for converting proportions ex: 1 tbs of butter would = 1 tbs of coconut oil in the instant potatoes? what about baking pies or cakes, etc.

There are so many uses for coconut oil that I would rather go purchase more of this to go in my food stores, than perishable butter, or even if I could get some dehydrated butter at this late date, I don't think I'd want it, as it would only be useful if I had plenty of water.

Side question: I noticed something on a survivalism forum outside of curezone about canning butter. I've never heard of this before. Does anyone know if they mean butter they have actually churned first themselves, or store bought butter?
Thanks

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)