CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Miscarriage After Mirena Removal?

Erikajo Views: 15,878
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,262,422

Re: Miscarriage After Mirena Removal?

Well per what the doctors all say (and the Mirena website) it is perfectly safe to get pregnant right away. Supposedly it doesn't take months to get back to normal as it would with the pill or some other hormonal bc method. I don't know if that's entirely true though.

This was my 2nd Mirena and after my 1st IUD, I got pregnant 6 months post-removal with a healthy full term baby - my daughter. This time around? Well the doctor & nurses told me that miscarriages are very common and chances are my pregnancy just wasn't "healthy" and it had nothing to do with the IUD. I know that's quite possibly true, but I can't help but feel that the IUD did in fact have something to do with our loss.

This was my 3rd pregnancy, 1st loss and the only pregnancy that occurred very close to having the IUD removed. I doubt we'll ever know for sure. I just hope & pray that by the time I get pregnant again (I'm hoping next month!) the IUD hormones will be completely out of my system and we won't have to worry about that. Fortunately, we've never had a problem getting pregnant quickly - I was really surprised we had got pregnant so quickly after my IUD was removed. If I had known that, we might have waited a couple of months.

Good luck. I hope I was able to help.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)