CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Zoe.....

Views: 4,551
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,256,208

Re: Zoe.....

Hi Zoe,

I'm glad you are set up for the power to go out, this one is going to have a lot of storm surge, and it's a huge storm. Hubbie's been through one with storm surge, the water rises very quickly, and it's everywhere, until it stops. It fills everything up very quickly, and there are lots of whirl pools everywhere. It sounds like you are far enough inland that you won't have to worry about that.

We've had storm bands as far as Tampa, so it's BIG storm, but it's probably just going to be a big rainstorm/windstorm where you are, and the power will likely go out for a while. Candles work just fine, if you can't find batteries, I like them better anyhow.

My first Hurricane was Hurricane Charley, we were living in a Motel 6 with our cranky cats waiting for our house to close, then we got three more going over us, with the power going out every time. It was about 40 miles away from us, and it sounded like a frieght train, but that storm was more like a big tornadoe, what you are going to get is a tropical storm which will last a long long time because it's so large. The rest of them were tropical storms by the time they went over us, and it was no power, lots of rain and humidity, and afterwards, lots of mosquitoes.

My thoughts are with you, and everyone else in the way of the storm, it's scary, but most of the time, it's mostly just uncomfortable and inconvenient.

Julie

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)