CureZone   Log On   Join
nearly three months post, ??s about BV

luv2teach Views: 12,013
Published: 16 y

nearly three months post, ??s about BV

Hello Ladies,
I had MIrena for 6 years, 3 months (2 devices) and a list of symptoms a mile long that intensified significantly-- to the point I was able to pin them to the Mirena switch-- with this second device. Since removal on 2/26, I have been enormously better, just a tiny bit of residual insomnia and some emotional days, usually 2-3, around my period-- which has been rather normal in timing and consistency, which I did not expect after so long with no period at all. With the insomnia, I am not as emotional or unable to cope with it as I was before. I have yet to have a crying jag in the night, although last night was probably the closest I've come to that. And I believe that is due to my new-found problem... (TMI may be coming, but I'm hoping you girls can help.)

Less than a month after removal, I had a sinus infection. I'm a mild allergy sufferer and annual sinusitis is pretty typical for me. Went on Antibiotics for that, and 4 days into them, believed I had acquired a yeast infection (which I have had once previously, 3 years ago after the sinus & Antibiotics combo). The doc called in the cream I used last time, my period started two days later, and then it all went way.

Not quite a month later, the itching was back. I got one of those Vagisil screening tests, which showed a normal pH. I called the doctor, and was able to see the nurse practitioner (who removed my IUD) that afternoon. She took a swab, and said I had a bacterial infection. She gave me a one-time vaginal cream, and said it would take up to 7 days to clear up. I was miserable during this time, and that's when my insomnia started coming back as a daily thing. It is not nearly as long or emotionally difficult; I am wondering if it isn't really insomnia at all, but just "I'm awake because the itching is so stinking bad I can't stand it!!!" My period started during this 7 day "recovery" time and lasted 4 days.

It went away for a short period of time. I went to see the NP again, and she swabbed with the same result: BV. I then went on Flagyl for seven days. She also suggested using an OTC treatment gel that is fairly new (and pricey) called RepHresh. She said if it doesn't work, I can do another round of Flagyl (no thanks), or an 8 week scream treatment (not very enticing.) So, here I sit... having seen her 10 days ago... with no relief whatsoever and my period due again in just over a week.

I have read a ton of BV blog information, and I am not convinced that BV is truly my problem.My symptoms seem different than what so many have described. Although, who knows?!?! Here is where I stand right now:

1) It has been more than 48 hours since I had sex or used the RepHresh gel.
2) I itch like crazy. I would describe it as painful at times, and the skin around my vagina often feels raw.
3) I have discharge that is milky, medium in thickness, sometimes more yellow and sometimes with chunky yellow. (Sorry, I know...)
4) I have had NO odor.
5) I retested pH when I was up in the night, and it was normal. I do not know if the NP ever tested my pH or if she just tested for bacteria. She did say several times that pH being off is the major problem with stopping BV-- but I have no hard evidence that I've seen myself that says my pH is off.
6) I have not changed sexual partners, although after I had the Mirena out and my libido returned, we have been having more frequent sex-- but before the second Mirena was inserted and really jerked around my system, we were active just as frequently.
7) The NP felt having the Mirena out was not a factor, although everything I've read about BV says it is-- and I will be pointing that out as soon as I can talk to her.
8) I am 34 years old, have never had a child, and have never had this sort of problem before. I am not any medications (Flagyl stopped on 5/14), BC, etc.
9) I am a very clean person, and the NP was not concerned about cleanliness being my issue-- I asked.

Needless to say, it is irritating beyond belief, and I just want it GONE! Everything is so significantly improved since the Mirena came out. Perhaps I am just too greedy for "totally perfect."

Is there anyone out there with a similar experience who can offer support or who has found successful, long-term results? I have read a lot about homeopathic, at-home treatment options, and I've started a list of supplements to look for at the health food store (such as L. Reuteri). Please be specific, if you could please, about what has worked for you, how to administer (I read "place 2-3 tsb of H2O in your vagina and leave for 3 minutes"-- HOW?) and how long it took to achieve results.

Again, I am so thankful to have found you girls, who are so willing to help and share your experiences to help others. I am so better off-- despite this problem-- for having "known" you, and I thank God for you every day.
Heather

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.609 sec, (3)