CureZone   Log On   Join
my testing for herpes-

ananda7 Views: 5,750
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,161,318

my testing for herpes-

on testing for herpes--

i was told by my doctor that about half of the population tests positive in a blood test for herpes virus antigen. so usually, (or atleast in my case)the way a diagnosis for herpes was made was from a culture of the blister itself, not a blood test.

a herpes 1 (oral herpes) or herpes 2 (genital herpes)diagnosis is based on where the lesion is obvioulsy located. a culture is taken from the site of the lesion. i was told that often an antigen blood test that identifies hsv or differentiates between any of the herpes viruses are not always necessary, given that a culture of the blister tells you if you have HSV-- and the location will obviously tell you which you have, 1 or 2, etc.

i was diagnosed about 18 years ago with herpes 2 from a culture of genital lesion, not from a blood test. i also had herpes 1 (oral herpes)prior to that --got blisters on my mouth and/or nose.

so, if i have no longer get any more herpes blisters/lesions to culture than how would i muster up a test?

maybe i will ask my doctor when i see him some more questions about the herpes antigen blood test and see if that will provide some kind of reliable proof (if my insurance will pay for it). perhaps once you have had herpes you will alwys show an antigen in the blood for it-- but i really do not know for sure-- these are the kinds of questions i may ask.

yet, the proof that i am herpes free, for me, is that i no longer get any herpes breakouts, neither oral or genital... and i had them like clockwork prior to mms.

thanks for inquiring

ps. and no, i do not have any idea yet, if hsv will ever return, BUT IT SURE HAsNT YET --and i have even been OFF mms for about 1 and 1/2 months (i went off of it to bulk up on vit c and other antioxidants- and i thought it would be interesting to see would happen with the hsv if i did not take mms--- plus i was getting tired of taking it, and i wanted a break). i think i took it from dec. 31 2007 until sometime in LATE feb. 2008.

i may do another month or two of mms soon.

pss. i also had been diagnosed about 12 years ago with CFS/with high ebstien barr virus titers. i know i had a blood test for that back then. i also know that my ebv titers were lower than ever in late jan. o8. i will probably request another ebv titer test on my next office visit if my insurance will pay for the bloodwork again (that close togther from my last titer test). i am going to m.d. in may.

ananda7

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.121 sec, (2)