CureZone   Log On   Join
Is it Folliculitis Decalvans

Brianwhite Views: 5,833
Published: 16 y

Is it Folliculitis Decalvans

I have been to see my dermatologist on a few occasions recently because of a flare up of my folliculitis, it was biopsied in 2002 and also was swabed to see if there were any infections. It came back as folliculitis decalvans, no infections from anything were found. My symptoms are pretty much inflammation and soreness that if left untreated kills the hair follicle, I on occasion have Acne but I just get a red spot here and there and that just goes away, I don't have any postules or puss it is very dry, it has been treated with topical steroids which worked well from 2002-2008 as needed, but since this last flare up we have tried prednisone as well and that worked but still have some activity right around my small bald spot, topical steroids seem to be keeping it from getting worse but you can still feel that there is some activity. I guess my question from what I read about Folliculitis Decalvans is usually there are postules, puss and almost always treated with Antibiotics , I don't have these symptoms and have never been treated with an antibiotic, so could it be another type of scarring alopecia? I live in a small town and there isn't much in the way of expertise here so not sure if it would have been properly diagnosed although luckily the scarring has pretty much remained unchanged and until recently I rarely ever thought about my scalp since the condition remained pretty much dormant over the past 6 years after initial use of topical steroids.
Also approx how long should I use the topical steroids this time before I can say they aren't working? I have been back on them for approx 4 days and like I said scalp feels pretty good but you can tell there is still activity in the area of the scarred bald spot. IS there a shampoo that is good to use when you have these scalp conditions
Sorry the post was so long but I thought I should ask the experts

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)