CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Tinnitus and Food Sensitivity

Views: 10,072
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,092,477

Re: Tinnitus and Food Sensitivity

I've had tinnitus for so long (about 50 years) that it's almost like background noise, I'm used to it, though it is aggravating.  Aspirin is sometimes supposed to initiate tinnitus and I do use aspirin, but have gone off of it for several weeks and never had the ringing even slow down.  My ringing does rise and fall in volume and while I can't pinpoint everything, there are a couple of triggers.  I'm not a heavy drinker, but alcohol will often turn the volume way up.  That doesn't happen until the day after, but I know it's related.  I have one or two martinis on the weekend, and that's all it takes.  I have gone without alcohol for several months and that calmed the tinnitus way down.  Enough to quit?  Not really.  Another thing I've noticed that precedes an increase in volume is stress.  If I get really stressed out, that will bring it on too.  I'm a meditator so I have ways to deal with stress.

My tinnitus has been backing off over the past three or four weeks, noticeably.  About 4 weeks ago I started using a Neti pot for my sinuses - at the suggestion of my doctor, and am leaning to that as to what is helping it.  When I had my sinus infection before I began using the Net pot, the ringing was about driving me up the wall and the doc said that it was because my sinus cavities were plugged which caused a major echo.  With my sinuses cleared, the ringing is much better.  Doing nasal irrigation three and sometimes more times a day it took several days for my sinuses to clear out.  Now that they are clear I do the Neti pot daily, per her suggestion.  (I have a history of sinus problems.)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)