CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: wheatgrass and blood pressure

Ohfor07 Views: 9,416
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,089,531

Re: wheatgrass and blood pressure

Yes, in fact I did see his 2 part video and that is where the reference came from. He did not go into details on specific uses other than introducing it into daily diet. Instead the info was provided as part of the larger topic of using foods as medicine. In the context of his presentation, foods in this sense meant foods like fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts. It was pretty impressive the way he went through most fruits and vegetables from A to Z and explained many of the most beneficial ingredients and compounds naturally occuring in these.

To be honest with you, I do not know what the general advice is for how much Cinnamon to take for this condition versus that condition. For the person who may want to try an herb to help with a specific ailment, there is generally lots of information available to help get people into a dosing-like ballpark. Still, it is up to the individual to know themselves, and to monitor themselves to find out if the general advice works for them; for their body, they may need to take less, or may need to take more than the general advice says.

As far as I know, there are a relative few herbs that are so potent that they should be taken only in small or tiny amounts. As far as I know, Cinammon is not this kind of super potent herb and it's not on any FDA get-list that I know of. As far as I know, there is not much risk involved with using it, but then again, this is only as far as I know. Still, only you will know best how to best use it for your own self, and this generally comes from trying a little bit and then paying attention to how it goes. For instance, many people with blood-sugar problems are now charting & measuring their blood several times each day. This might give them a way to get some quick feedback after trying a bit of Cinnamon. If you are currently taking meds, to include meds for blood-sugar problems, this complicates things and will require you to do more homework, be more deliberate, be more cautious in your approach, and know how/when to adjust your meds as the benefits from Cinnamon start to take effect.

Yes, I have some Cinnamon sticks purchased at a fall festival a while back. Cinnamon seems to be a quite hard, brittle bark-like herb. Sometimes I'll grind a chunk in the coffee grinder, that seems to work pretty well, and sprinkle on some foods. I imagine that it can be Tinctured as well, and even made into tea if desired but this may need a bit more coaxing to make into a good tea compared to a delicate herb like Peppermint or Chamomile. My use is purely experimental at this point.

Good luck.

PS - below is a reference to some info on Cinnamon. This particular reference mentions it's effectiveness as a natural insulin. It also mentions how Cinnamon is helpful for various female-related plumbing problems, post partem, uterine problems and such.

http://www.florahealth.com/flora/home/Canada/HealthInformation/Encyclopedias/...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)