CureZone   Log On   Join
worms in my food, can anyone ID?

magma Views: 25,229
Published: 17 y

worms in my food, can anyone ID?

I'd post a picture if I knew how.

I just made a pot of delicious pinto beans and ground beef (unfortunately, I did eat a tiny bit before realizing what I'd find in there). I'll give the ingredients at the end of this post. After the pot of food was cooked, I realized there were rice like worms in there. They looked like delicate pre-cooked basmati rice. Most were full bodied (not like small Tapeworm segments), maybe 3/4 cm in length or less, beige to white. My best guess is they came from the beans, as the meat was ground and looked very fresh, but I'd like to know for sure if they were from beans and not the meat, as other people got a taste as well and I am concerned. I did not notice any worms off the meat at any point, and if it did come from the meat, it'd either be a beef parasite and therefore ground up with the beef, or a fly landed on the meat before packing and hatched in a short time in refrigeration. The beans on the other hand had some shrivelled up skins on the top floating after soaking them which I did not discard. They were organic and I figured that'd add extra fibre. My theory is that they had worms on the insides (perhaps already dried up) that had eaten the insides of the beans and left the skins. Has anyone seen anything like this? (anyone know how I can post a picture? I will see if I can figure it out). If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it! thanks ~ magma

Here's what was in the beans:

Organic Pinto Beans
Organic Cherry Tomatoes
Organic Tomato Puree
Organic vegetable stock cube dissolved in filtered water
Ground Beef (expiration date 11-20), was red throughout, and well cooked in separate pan, I did not see anything
Ground Cumin
Paprika spice ground
Dried Coriander Leaf
Sea Salt

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.062 sec, (1)