High sources of EMFs decompose oxalic acid in foods and beverages that contain oxalic acid, and it decomposes the oxalic acid in our blood. Distance from an electrical operating device is the way to avoid this decomposition. Water does not contain oxalic acid so the softener has no oxalic acid to decompose, but; tap water does contain calcium which is nutritionally disproportionate to other minerals. The unbalanced calcium in tap water easily binds with oxalic acid from other foods and beverages and neither are then absorbed by the body. The softener through ionization removes the calcium from the water. Our family uses a softener. Provided you are not standing next to the softener while it is operating, the EMFs emitted from the softener will not decompose the oxalic acid within your blood. The same holds true for microwave ovens. If you place foods high in oxalic acid in a microwave such as spinach, carrots, etc., the oxalic acid will decompose. If you are standing near a microwave while it is operating, the oxalic acid within your blood will decompose. The same holds true for a Cell Phone
. The phone is held against the side of your head!! All operating electric appliances emit EMFs. The important thing to remember is to avoid those devices that emit high EMFs. A television, computer, radio, lights, etc., all operate within a safe range and present no danger. Cell Phone
s, microwaves, electric shavers, electric blankets, electric juicers, blenders, and food processors emit high sources of EMFs and are to be avoided. Hope this helps.