CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Dyshidrotic Eczema - Pompholyx Cure: What worked

zm2 Views: 278,164
Published: 10 y

This is a reply to # 1,467,982

Re: Dyshidrotic Eczema - Pompholyx Cure: What worked

I've been dealing with flare-ups (gradually worsening) of Dys ezcema over the past year or so. They began after I had my first child. I have/had regular ezcema on my arms/legs since 2008 when my thyroid went haywire. I control it with occasional Rx steroid cream but have been successful with Aveeno ezcema lotion.

When I started getting the little bubbles around my wedding ring finger, I was puzzled, annoyed, and too tired (with a newborn) to deal much with it. I stopped wearing my ring, but the itchy bubbles spread to the base of my middle finger and the palm of my hand, about the size of a couple of nickels side-by-side. My steroid cream works, but I worry about long-term affects (plus it's my hand - I'm always washing it!) I've tried a few different things, including the vinegar mentioned here, but again, I'm too busy to deal with bandaging my hand on a daily basis. Last week, purely by accident, I was closing a bottle of bio-oil after my daughter managed to unscrew the cap partway. I got some of the oil on my hand and rubbed it in. I noticed that night that the current flare-up looked healthier (I had used steroid cream earlier in the week, which cleared part of the flare, but new bubbles were starting to erupt alongside the remnants of others). I saw the bio-oil I left by the sink and put some more on, and 3 days later I have a few small, shallow bubbles left and that's it. I'm going to combine the bio-oil with coconut oil, but I'm cautiously optimistic that this may do it for me, which would be a huge relief since I barely have time to eat, let alone search for ways to keep my skin happy or avoid any possible allergens. So if you haven't tried bio-oil, I'd recommend it. I have a suspicion that using it throughout my pregnancy (stomach) may have been what was keeping the ezcema at bay; when I stopped using it shortly after birth, that's when it came out.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.328 sec, (1)