CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Dyshidrotic Eczema - Pompholyx: What worked!

mackenzie1 Views: 359,036
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,467,982

Re: Dyshidrotic Eczema - Pompholyx: What worked!

Thanks, Mari.

California Baby is a shampoo that I've had luck with. It, too, is free of all offending substances such as paraben. It's a little costly, but worth the money when I'm having problems. Then one day, I thought, why not just use gloves while shampooing? That works, too. Pantene's Ice Shine does not seem to cause me problems, but I'm with you about not showering or shampooing too often. It robs our skin of moisturizers. I shampoo every other day now, and lather only once while shampooing. I have to shampoo at least every other day, though, because my hair is toward the oily side.

In the shower, I've been able to use Aveeno fragrance free body wash for dry skin and Dove hypo-allergenic soap. Aveeno moisturizer is good, too, but your jojoba oil sounds great. Doctors Defense is also a very good moisturizer, and it has Chinese herbs in it that heal eczema, but it is a little costly. It makes the skin on my hands look like I'm a teenager again, though, which always amazes me. The look is not permanent, though, because if I stop using it, my skin looks like I'm in my mid 50's again.

I have had problems with Aveda products with botannicals in them, probably because I'm allergic to most botannicals. They cause me major eczema problems, as does any soap with tea tree oil in it.

I totally agree with your suggestion that eczema may be fungal based. I did not have any problems with eczema until my mid-50's after I took a super charged Antibiotic for a staff infection, which resulted in a terrible candida (yeast) infection and fungal infections, too. The Antibiotic killed off all of my good bacteria, which allowed the yeast/fungus in my body to rein free because they had no competition for space. I also think eczema is ultimately related to a zinc deficiency. Zinc deficiencies are common with people under stress, and also with those who eat a mostly vegetarian diet (which I do.)

I've always been a little leery of popping the eczema blisters because that leaves the nerves just under the skin exposed, which can make the eczema very painful. Your idea about the vinegar soak sounds very imaginative and very much worth a try, though.

I like the probiotic benefits of eating yogurt--Stoneyfield Farms yogurt is organic and very good.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Mackenzie

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.265 sec, (2)