CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Fighting to Keep Organic Foods Pure

warthog Views: 2,630
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 955,102

Re: Fighting to Keep Organic Foods Pure

On unpasteurized, unhomogenized (raw) milk:

You definitely wouldn't want it from cows whose milk is only approved to be pasteurized, whose milk is kept in holding tanks. Often those cows live in very different conditions, have weakened immune systems, etc. and their milk's bacterial content is dismal. But who cares, because it'll all be pasteurized right? You would never want to drink it from cows kept in confinement, fed grains. They should be eating mostly grass and only supplemented with stuff like alfalfa, and out in the sun daily. This makes a big difference in the bacterial content of raw milk.

People get sick from pasteurized milk. Pathogens can flourish in pasteurized milk. It's not "safe."

The best way is to get your milk in a container directly from a farm whose farmers you've looked directly in the eye, who post bacterial counts for every batch of milk at the farm (this means daily).

I have been drinking unpasteurized milk for over a year now, and I've never felt the least bit sick. I always smell the milk. If it ever smelled funny to me, I would have chucked it. Oddly, the unpasteurized milk I get hasn't gone rotten or spoiled smelling as it got older (over 2 weeks). It (and the cream) smells kind of cheesey but was still totally drinkable. Maybe I just have an awesome immune system :P

If I can't get unpasteurized, unhomogenized milk directly from a farm I trust, I just don't drink it anymore. Homogenized milk leads to the build up of calcium in the wrong parts of the body. This may be true of pasteurized milk too. I always smelled the homogenized milk, no matter what the date, organic or not, and it always smelled "bad" to me, like it was out of date. The fats smelled rancid, I realize now.

In response to that person's "debating Sally Fallon": from what I understand, Sally Fallon is not advocating the sale of raw milk to consumers using traditional industrial methods (storage tanks, mixing different dairies' milk, CAFOs).

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.359 sec, (1)