CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: In A Nutshell

hopinso Views: 6,247
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 955,191

Re: In A Nutshell

I have had chronic pain from a spinal injury for over five years, am in a wheelchair most of the time and I had my first (and I hope only) case of Shingles this past Spring. I can relate to what your poor husband is going through. I have been off all prescription painkillers for four months now although I am back on Ibuprofen after a fall a few weeks ago.

The first thing is to try and rid the body of inflammation. Diet is most important for this. Cut out all White Sugar , most grains, and trans fats. Limit meats and dairy. Some people cannot tolerate vegetables in the nightshade family. This includes tomatoes, bell peppers, eggplants among others. Brightly colored fruits and veggies which contain anti-oxidants can help keep inflammation to a minimum. It takes a lot of trial and error to eliminate foods that cause problems, but its worth the effort. An occasional treat of a forbidden food is OK, but there may be a painful reaction.

There a many herbs that can help control pain and inflammation. Turmeric is one of the best, some compare its anti-inflammatory properties to steroids like Prednisone. Ginger and cinnamon also help. Several supplement companies offer anti-inflammatory herbal blends.

Basic body cleansing can also help ease chronic pain. Bowel cleansing worked well for me, although I had to be very careful with stimulant laxative herbs like Senna and Cascara Sagrada. These caused intense pain and I could not use them at strengths recommended for an effective cleanse.

As for as the liver is concerned, you can use herbal detoxing blends that work gently. My favorite is called Liver Essentials from
http://www.swansonvitamins.com

It works well and is reasonably priced. If he can handle them weekly coffee enemas can help cleanse the liver and also helps pain. Do a retention enema using 8-12 ounces of strong brewed coffee is inserted rectally and held as long as possible up to thirty minutes, voided and then repeat.

Liver Flushing works well on a congested liver, but it can be difficult when dealing with back problems, especially if there are mobility problems.

I know some of this is long term. Right now I suggest that in addition to an anti-inflammatory diet, you get some lecithin, an herbal Liver Cleansing formula, Castor Oil and flannel cloth for external Castor Oil packs over the liver and begin protecting the liver right away. Keep the pain meds to an absolute minimum. Research some natural pain relief techniques like EFT and Trigger Point Therapy. You might want to learn Quantum Touch so you can help his pain. These things help ease the pain although none of them have provided complete relief for me.

I cannot and will not judge you because you are using these pain medications. I know how hard it is to live with chronic pain. There have been times the pain was so bad I actually considered suicide as an alternative. People who have never experienced this cannot begin to imagine how hard it is. Still, I do hope that you and your husband will make a goal to get off of the medications. In the long run they do more harm than good. All too often the price for being medicated to be free of pain means being a slave to the pills and losing all chance of true healing. I am still a work in progress, but I do know that in time, the pain meds will be unnecessary. Meanwhile try some cleanses plus the herbs that will help cleanse and protect the live. Feel free to E-mail me if you think I can help you.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.110 sec, (2)