CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Champion versus Omega Juicer 9000

onefreespirit Views: 7,881
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 951,736

Re: Champion versus Omega Juicer 9000

Hi Naturalist,
I know people who have various juicers to suit their many needs. I just found that the Green Star would take care of all of my needs. I am very happy with my decision to purchase it.

As far as how much pulp to put into the recipe, I am still in the refining stages of developing this so you will need to experiment. I print the recipe out and then I make notes as to what I did and adjust accordingly until I get the recipe to where I want it. I use the pulp to replace the bulk of the Sugar that the recipe calls for because I sweeten with stevia. You could replace some of the flour with some pulp.

So if the recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar, I use a cup of pulp and the stevia to taste. I do the same with the flours in various combinations to replace the wheat flour that the recipe called for. The hardest part is that the flours are gluten free and it not easy to come up with a combination that holds together. I am a bit apprehensive about using xanthan gum so I am going to try adding some tapioca starch next.

I also just started experimenting with ZSweet (erythritol.) I have not come across anything negative in my investigations about this sweetener, but I do know that it does not affect insulin levels and it measures like Sugar cup for cup. The jury is still out. It is quite expensive so I use it sparingly to take the edge off of the twang you get with stevia. When I use the ZSweet to replace 1 cup of sugar, I use 1/3 cup of ZSweet, adding stevia to taste and 2/3 cup of pulp to replace the bulk of the Sugar I did not use. This way, I still put 1 cup of ingredients in place of the 1 cup of sugar.

Again, I am still working on refining the various recipes by trying different combos of the flours that I mentioned. I am presently working on a brownie recipe and I will eventually get a combo that will even fool my junk food junkie friends. That is when I know I have succeeded. If I come up with a really good tasting combo, I will put it on the site. Have fun and good luck!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)