CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Tough Love

rudenski Views: 2,336
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 882,427

Re: Tough Love

I find comfort in that ancient text as well... When we filter out the angst of life and squeeze it from our soul we may may pause for a moment and feel a loss but what is lost is not worth having.

I have read those ancient words about love and I embrace that doctrine. It perhaps is my guiding principle. What I have found in many other places of the same ancient text are men who wrote what they saw but what they saw they wrote from a place of their own angst where they assumed an angry God;

Rev 14 18-20 Still another angel, who had charge of the fire, came from the altar and called in a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, "Take your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of grapes from the earth's vine, because its grapes are ripe." 19 The angel swung his sickle on the earth, gathered its grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God's wrath. 20 They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses' bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.

This has all the look of a villainous God but each of us will go through the wine press on our way to the light... The wrath of God is such a misunderstanding of the nature of God who is love... This life is indeed like an orchard of grapes... We plant our seeds...nurture the vines that spring up...and the harvest comes for all who die...What is left is our love offering to God... what is left and forgotten by God is not love... Hell could be called a winepress but but its nature is not one of wrath... The wine maker is not angry and full of wrath for the grapes she squeezes but full of joy for the new wine that she will receive from those grapes. The bitter grapes of our lives will be dicarded and tossed away but the ripe sweet grapes or loving intention that come from every soul will be sweet indeed...
become

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.090 sec, (1)