CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Seeking to become an amature microbiologist....

shroom Views: 4,281
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 935,028

Re: Seeking to become an amature microbiologist....

As someone who is delving deeper and deeper into this area, I have a few things to say.
First, be prepared to sacrafice HUGE amounts of spare time if you want to learn about the world of microbiology.
The second thing is, you will find so many 'things' that even for a professional microbiologist, it is very hard to put things into proper context. You may find something that looks wierd, and shouldn't be there, but it may be perfectly normal.
Be prepared to study medicine, because all systems are relative---digestive, lymphatic, etc.

Experience is the best way to go in the beginning ie. learning to use the tool.
I would recommend not spending less than 500USD for a decent scope. If you can get darkfield settings, all the better.
Learning to grow cultures is also an essential aspect to this type of study.
I would also pick a specialty. I chose immunology, which requires me to recognize the wide variety of cells, and their respective functions. Very good for blood analysis.
If you have other questions, I can try and answer them. Shroom

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)