CureZone   Log On   Join
Coconut Oil for Peptic (Stomach) Ulcers?

pheistychick Views: 52,786
Published: 17 y

Coconut Oil for Peptic (Stomach) Ulcers?

Hi!

I recently went to a certified Rolfer, and he knocked something loose in my stomach that has been plaguing me with left side pain for years. (Yes, I actually felt it get knocked loose and felt - and heard - my stomach move immediately afterward.) I passed a VERY LARGE stool a day later, and the pain in my side has not returned since.

As a side note, I had not been taking my vitamin B supplements for about a year, and was suffering from very bad periods (heavy bleeding, PMS, water retention, nervousness and anxiety). I know that my deficiency in the "B's" causes this, because for years I took an herbal B complex supplement, and didn't have any period issues at all, so long as I was taking it.

So, after the Rolfing session, I got my period a week later. It was HORRIBLE. So, I started taking some "Now" brand vitamin B supplements, including the liquid form of B 12. Three days later, I was experiencing a sharp pain in my lower left abdomen. It comes and goes, but I can tell that it's related to my digestive system. I'm pretty sure that I have a peptic ulcer.

Anyway, I had heard that massive amounts of vitamin B supplements can actually aggrivate ulcers (which is really beside the point). Anyway, I looked online, and I read that Coconut Oil can work wonders for peptic (stomach) ulcers.

I took one tablespoon, and within a half hour, I already have relief from the pain I was experiencing. Is this all mental, or is there some truth to coconut oil helping with stomach ulcers??

I know that I haven't been diagnosed with an ulcer, but I have a pretty good idea that's what it is. (I had some pretty acidic stools and very strong-smelling gas for about a year (off and on), with major 'hunger pains' prior to seeing the rolfer. Acidopholous seemed to help a bit, but these symptoms would still crop up once in awhile.)

Also, for those in the Massage/Bodywork forum, have any of you experienced this 'knocking stuff loose' phenomenon with rolfing or massage? I think maybe that whatever he knocked loose was sort of 'protecting' a pre-existing ulcer from my stomach acids, and that's why when I took the vitamin B supplements, it flared up. Does that make sense?

Sorry for telling such a long story, but I'm hoping that someone can give me some more info.

Thanks! :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.066 sec, (2)