CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Tapeworm and dangers of empirical treatment

apxr Views: 12,412
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 930,606

Re: Tapeworm and dangers of empirical treatment

Hello, Wrayc.

"
Sparganum proliferum from the pseudophyllidium class of cestoda.
"

Nasty one.

"
There has been implications of virus infection influencing this parasite (cofactor?)
"

Now we're getting somewhere.

"
, including the budding and immortality characterisitics.
"

Think really HARD about this. Next, try to find out what many "weird-looking" formations in the Peritoneum REALLY are. Think beyond the books. It's the only way, at least to my knowledge.

"
There doesnt seem to be an effective treatment for this. Although I have read a couple cases treated with alternating courses of mebendazole then praziquantel over a period of weeks with success. I wander though why not albendazole since it is DOC for tapeworm infection over mebendazole and better absorbed. Possibly albendazole was not available at the time of the research? Although I know the mechanisms are similar but do differ in that mebendazole creates a permanent blockade of glucose uptake, while albendazole is dependant on constant contact. In one case they actually attempted to treat with thiabendazole; very odd.
"

Think "Let's try this to see what it does".

"
NOTE: this is a particularly dangerous disease, such as what occurred with the man in San Fran. All the cases that I read that were inappropriately treated with mebendazole were fatal. This underscores the peril of treating infections empirically, regardless of the intention (monique).
"

Night sweats + back pain MUST/SHOULD be an Infection/Infestation of some sort, no doubt about it. If there is no doubt about it, then that issue becomes irrelevant, I would say.

A more important issue would be then, in my opinion, to try to figure out and/or to understand how, why and when those Infections/Infestations grew, and due to what Possible Underlying Cause, if there is any to be found.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)