CureZone   Log On   Join
No appetite, can only eat 600-800 calories a day...

Pale Blue Tint Views: 12,821
Published: 17 y

No appetite, can only eat 600-800 calories a day...

Hi hang, it sure has been a while. I hope all of you are well!

I am not well at all. I sunk into a terrible depression, my hormones are all out of whack (I'm 20 and having similar hormal problems as a menopausal woman). I have terrible panic attacks and crippling depression.

So much so that I can barely eat.

Now I have always been thin, I have been a vegetarian for 10 years, I normally weigh about 95lbs and I'm 5'0" - that is my healthy weight, believe it or not.

Now when I have an appetite I consume between 1000 - 1200 calories a day and my body does just fine with that. But with thisterrible Depression and the fact that sometimes even the smell of food makes me feel sick, I don't know what to do.

I am taking a multivitamin and drinking pediatric electrolytic juice as my issues also flare up my IBS/Ulcerative Colitis.

On top of that I drink 1 or 2 bottles of ensure per day (250 calroeies each) but without those I'd probably be only consuming 500 calories per day. With the help of the Ensure shakes, they bring me up to roughly 800 calories per day.

My doctor always shakes it off and tells me to eat small portions frequently so that I am fueling my body somehow and that I'll be fine but I feel somewhat weak and lightheaded as if my blood pressure has dropped.

I was prescribed Megace ES for appetite but it did nothing except make my hormal imbalance worse. I've also been on Remeron as a sleep aid/antidepressant/appetite enhancer for about 6 years but it only makes me hungry when I take it, sometimes it doesn't make me hungry at all anymore.

I try very, very hard to keep my caloric intake up. On a good day I can get between 800-900, on a bad day I get about 600-700. Is this safe? I hope and pray that I won't have to resort to some type of feeding tube!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)