CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: actually....thanks a bunch dudettes!

cora Views: 11,010
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 915,773

Re: actually....thanks a bunch dudettes!

This is super intriguing. I'm really glad you pulled this one out, W. (The whole sun, iodine, D, sunburn vs. none issue.)

I was a little perplexed (also intrigued) when someone posted something to the effect of getting tons of sun recently and turning "red as a lobster" but not burned. Still not sure what this means. No pain, I'm guessing. It's all I could come up with.

So is that what we're really talking about? Or are people actually noticing that it is acting more like a "block".

Many of us have noticed how quickly cuts heal. I have noticed this myself - and it's dramatic. Became incredibly apparent after a rather unfortunate incident which I have not mentioned on this forum because it was so rough on me. About three weeks ago I was in an area I am not familiar with and I was alone. I was wearing a stappy kind of top, and someone nailed me - trying to get my wallet. My face, shoulders, knees, chest - totally cut to pieces - road burn. Crazy story. I was beaten silly - but it was more like a ramming of my body into pavement as I resisted.

Okay - so...

Imagine large chunks of skin literally scraped off all those areas. Probably enough raw skin to cover an 8.5 x 11 if you pulled the skin off the pavement. I was horrified - thought I would have permanent scars.

Here's the upside, the revelation, the theory.

Within a week everything healed. Almost as if it never happened. Never became infected and never took any external measures (maybe the first day - a bit of ze ole slavage du Wombarama) to disinfect really - well, a long shower also.

But each time I cut myself, and then this "event") I've noticed that I don't even see any reddening (as you would with an infection).

Although a sunburn is nothing akin to an injury - I'm wondering if there is a relationship. White or red blood cell related. Need to think it through more.

Great compostion, Wommie. Your posts such as the original one in this thread are remarkably well presented and thought out. No one does it quite like you and with all on your plate now - even more impressive. Thank you for helping us think, and doing it with such skill.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.110 sec, (2)