CureZone   Log On   Join
Personal Ads: Dating & Romance Forum

Webmaster Views: 8,102
Published: 17 y

Personal Ads: Dating & Romance Forum

Personal Ads, Dating & Romance Forum

This message is cross posted across all CureZone Forums .

There is a new forum on CureZone:

Dating: Personal Ads, Find and Meet CureZone Singles
The forum is entirely dedicated to your personal ads. This forum is exclusively for CureZone singles who would like to advertise their personal profiles.

Click here to enter:
//www.curezone.org/forums/f.asp?f=842

Being single can be a tough scenario whatever your age. Almost every single person would love to meet a perfect soulmate. CureZone now have The Personal Ads forum for those of you looking for love.

Advertise yourself! Nobody knows that you are single and looking for love untill you say it!

Internet dating is fun and is considered the most secure way of meeting new people.

CureZone Personal Ads Guidelines:

As long as you keep your real name/address/phone/email anonymous ... you are generally safe.

Please create an anonymous email (Hotmail, Yahoo, Google) and then create a new, anonymous username on CureZone, one that you are going to use exclusively on this forum.

Your username should not have a history on curezone when you post your personal ad on the Dating forum!
People you are about to date don't really have to know everything about the weight of your your latest bowel movement, the size of your parasites or the number or pounds you lost since you started fasting.

Online Dating Tips for Women (from the web):

1- Never reveal your last name or address to a stranger. If telephone numbers are exchanged, try to use a Cell Phone with a private number. If you call a stranger at home, always use caller ID blocking to maintain your privacy.
2- Post the right pictures of yourself (do not reveal too much)! Women who post pictures with their personal ad usually get 100 times more attention then women without pictures.
3- Do not use your primary EMAIL address for online dating correspondence - create an anonymous Email account (such as a Hotmail account) to correspond with potential dates.
4- If you decide to meet that special someone, always meet in a public place - NEVER meet in private for your first dates! Always let someone know where you are going.
5- Be honest about who you are and what you are seeking - do not reveal more than you normally would in a face to face first meeting. If your online contact attempts to pressure you into revealing more than you are comfortable with, re-evaluate his/her intentions. "Red Flags!"
6- Don't rush into a face to face meeting - take your time, chat up a storm and get to know each other. Is the person on the other end being honest, or do you get the feeling they are just saying what you want to hear. You are the sole judge and jury in this love trial - use your best judgment!
7- Never ever make yourself too available. People like mystery and enigma and the thrill of the chase when dating. In keeping with this do not sleep with your dates early on if you want them to progress, so keep sex until later. The longer a person is made to chase and fall for you within reason, the more likely that love may blossom. Peak too early and you have little left to offer and emotions may never have had the time to develop.

Online Dating Tips for Men (from the web):

1- Keep your profile positive. When you write your profile, keep it short and to the point – two or three paragraphs is plenty. If you’ve been burned in past relationships, your profile is not the time to mention it. Skip the innuendo and write about things that you’re likely to have in common with women you want to date.
2- Post the right pictures of yourself (do not reveal too much)! Words you write could be far more important then the hair on your chest!
3- Don’t expect women to contact you! It is your job to make the first contact.
4- Take it easy. For good reason, women often view men they meet online with some suspicion at first. Pushing for a phone number or a date in a first email will make this worse. "Red Flags!" It's not uncommon to exchange 3 - 5 emails before a phone number even enters the conversation. Take your time and favor crafting good, interesting emails over responding to her immediately. Be patient and concentrate on finding common interests before you ask for a phone number, and then use a first phone call to set up a face-to-face meeting.
5- Keep your expectations in check.
6- Watch your language! Bad Internet manners feed on themselves. A little courtesy goes a long way.
7- Never ever make yourself too available. People like mystery and enigma and the thrill of the chase when dating.

Even if you never date online, try it. At least it will boost your confidence and spirits and allow you to practice your opening lines and chat up skills.
Internet dating is fun and introduces you to the world of dating safely and gently.

Personal Ads / Personal Profile tips:

http://www.onlinedatingmagazine.com/articles/profiletips.html

1) Avoid Negativity

Being negative is like wearing a skunk aroma. Here's how one person actually began her profile:

"To be quite honest, I have been putting this off as long as possible. I have friends who use Match and have had some terrible dates."

This begs to ask, "what are you doing here?" Now contrast that to this profile introduction:

"I've heard online dating is a great way to meet awesome people and that's why I want to meet you."

Which one of these profile intros is more attractive? The one who wants to date "losers" or the one that wants to date "winners"? Psychologically everyone wants to be a winner. Therefore in your profile, avoid anything negative like the plague. Be positive.

If you have anything negative in your profile ("I hate country music," "the last guy I dated was a liar and cheater," "I'm sick of being alone," "I'm sick of the bar scene," etc.) then go edit it out immediately and replace it with something positive ("I love independent music and artists, like..."). Always be positive; not just in your profile, but also in life.

2) Go From Typical to Unique
Read this profile and tell me if you recognize it:

"I am a fun person who loves movies and music. I like walks on the beach, good conversation, and dining out. I'm looking for someone who is fun and can make me laugh."

Unfortunately, the above describes most profiles - typical and non-informative. Beef up your profile to be more descriptive and unique. Instead of "I like movies," say "my favorite movie is ____ because _______" or use a movie character to describe you. "I'm a lot like _____ in ______ because _______."

Use clever words that are descriptive. Instead of saying "on hot days I like to go to the ocean or on a hike," say, "on a sizzling day my adventurous side leads me to traversing the ocean on a sailboat or discovering a new waterfall that I can cool off under."

Instead of "I like to discover new things," say, "I'm a lot like Indiana Jones in that I love exploring the mysteries of life, while educating my mind to appreciate new things."

Strive to make your profile unordinary by spicing it up sentence by sentence. Be descriptive, unique, and fun!

3) Filter Out Unwanteds
Your profile isn't about getting responses. It is about getting responses from the type of person you are attracted to. Therefore, use descriptions to help narrow your focus to what you want so that you get responses from who you're looking for.

Instead of "I'm looking for someone fun and humorous," say, "I'm looking for a lighthearted man between the ages of 24 and 29 who enjoys the humorous side of life. If you are clean-shaven and can hold a conversation during a 150 mile car journey, then we may be a match. Email me."

In the above example, you created three filters - an age filter (24 and 29), and appearance filter (clean-shaven) and a communication filter (good-communicator). And you did it without offending. But you also created a response filter ("...we may be a match. Email me.") You've helped tell the person what the next step is if they meet your criteria. You've created a call to action, which will help direct interested parties to email you versus waiting.

Some general dating guidelines from different websites:

"The number 1 most attractive quality in a man is confidence. Not arrogance, confidence."

"Fear in men is not attractive. Fear defines a man as not knowing his own value, lacking a feeling of self worth, not being sure of his abilities, lacking in presence and determination."

"A confident man it seems is one who carries with him a self-assuredness that is most definitely not arrogance. It is a state where a man feels sure of himself and his abilities, knows what he is about, knows himself for what he can do,, what he may be able to do, what he may fail at but does not fear to try. A confident man is in control of his destiny, his future, his career, his day. And to many women that is very attractive.
The confident men more often than not get the girl, because the confident man has something about him."

"Confidence is about self respect and self understanding. It comes from understanding what you yourself are about and when this happens a sexy man reaches out. Often lack of confidence in men is because of physique and yet it is an issue so easy to fix. 12 weeks in a gym will change a man's life. A fit man is a confident man. Dress is also something that instills confidence. No man has an excuse for not dressing reasonably smart these days as fashion for men is everywhere."

Dating wish list stats from the People magazine:

The men dating wish list:

sincerity (14%)
sense of humor (11%)
a good body (9%)
intelligence (8%)
nice eyes (8%)
ambition (6%)
a nice butt (5%)
a nice smile (4%)

The women dating wish list:

sense of humor (25%)
sincerity (13%)
nice eyes (9%)
nice smile (8%)
good body (7%)
intelligence (5%)
height (4%)
ambition (4%)
nice butt (1%).

"Get prepared for dating. If you really want to succeed in the dating game, decide who you are looking for, do your research and be ready to commit to dating. Half heartedness won't work. Also prepare for some let downs along the way but don't take dating too seriously either.

"Don't go overboard and look like someone you are not but maybe its time to throw out those tired jeans, old sweaters or cardigans and spruce yourself up. People actually do appreciate appearance."

"Have a good think about what your dating goals are and timescales. Do you see yourself married within 2 years? If you do then approach dating accordingly."

"If you are more laid back and don't take dating too seriously then ask yourself some honest questions about why you are dating and what you hope to achieve. If it is purely sex then ask yourself if you are about to be honest with those you hope to date."

Choose those you have a good chance of dating, don't aim low but do aim realistically. In other words, your dating is based on the whole package you present as well as just your personality. If you are looking for a glamour girl or boy and want to date someone trendy and gorgeous then good for you, but be prepared and be realistic about your chances.

Never ever make yourself too available. People like mystery and enigma and the thrill of the chase when dating. In keeping with this do not sleep with your dates early on if you want them to progress, so keep sex until later. The longer a person is made to chase and fall for you within reason, the more likely that love may blossom. Peak too early and you have little left to offer and emotions may never have had the time to develop.

Before meeting someone for the first time, tell your friends and relatives of your intentions, and tell them where you are going.
Always choose a public place for the first meeting (a restaurant or a cafee.)

General Internet Dating Statistics:

Up to 30% of American singles have used matchmaking sites.

Women, on average, receive over 5 emails daily.
Men, on average, receive only 1 or 2 emails daily.

Around 40% of men say they don’t feel confident meeting women the first time.

On the first date most women think men aren't truthful.

Generally, guys prefer women younger than themselves.
60% of women prefer men older than themselves.

Most people would prefer to be in a relationship than not.

Over a third of women don’t like guys being clingy.

Most girls say personality is much more important than looks.

Webmaster

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.221 sec, (6)