CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Neither Intelligent nor Designed

John Cullison Views: 4,188
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 888,113

Re: Neither Intelligent nor Designed

I'm holding Science to its own standard.

Evolution is allegedly a scientific fact. Yet evolution is little more than a belief with circumstantial evidence.

The best you have to offer are structural similarities and divergences as proof of evolution. Yet this does not prove evolution.

Look at what humanity has managed to tease out of the dog genome. Everything from the chihuahua to the Great Dane, pugs and boxers, shepherds, poodles, and even the really weird ones. Using bone structure as an indicator of speciation, we'd have dozens of different dog species if we didn't already know that a dog is a dog. But we do know that dogs are dogs, so we aren't fooled.

Yet for virtually every other species, these variations are considered to be evidence of evolution. But these variations never lead to changes from one family or order to another. Dogs remain dogs. Cats remain cats. Horses remain horses. Whales remain whales. Fish remain fish. Sharks remain sharks. Etc., etc., etc. All this demonstrates that there is a lot of flexibility found in an give family or order to deviate into various species, but it doesn't at all prove that there was some "random" event to create the various families or orders in the first place.

That's what Science needs to prove.

Prove that random mutation and natural selection drastically alters orders and classes and phyla and kingdoms. How did algae become everything else? How did single cells become multicellular organisms? How did the first cell form at all?

All of these questions, and the lack of genuine answers to them, form a body of scientific belief. You don't know how these things happen, you have no evidence that they occurred, you and other evolutionists simply believe that these events occurred. Why you continue to believe this and insist that it's fact when it's clearly, blatantly a belief system would probably be a fascinating study.

I don't know why you think Science should settle on belief, but I think science can handle being held to a higher standard. That's what real science is about. As someone who fancies himself a scientist, you should innately know that and feel the same way, yet you don't. Instead of admitting you don't know what you really don't know, you continue to insist that what you believe in -- evolution -- is a 100% proven fact -- in spite of the fact that you have failed to answer any of the hard questions I've posed. That's why I call "science" the "new religion". It doesn't matter to you that there is no evidence that these larger events have ever occurred; you're going to believe what you want to, anyway.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.266 sec, (2)