CureZone   Log On   Join
Vet insists on sedation for CLIPPING NAILS

nctalley Views: 13,261
Published: 17 y

Vet insists on sedation for CLIPPING NAILS

I have had the HARDEST time finding anybody to clip my dog's nails without sedation. My vet did it once, then said they will NOT do it again unless she's sedated. I called all over West Los Angeles (Vets and groomers) trying to find somebody that cuts dog's nails (particulary LARGE dogs who DON'T want to have their nails cut) and everybody suggests sedation. I did finally find a vet to do it without sedation only to be told afterwards that they wouldn't do it again unless she was sedated. While my pooch absolutely doesn't bite, she is 85 lbs and struggles with all her strength to get away when she getting clipped. Otherwise, she's a total docile, goofy charmer. But the vet said that she's too "stressed out" to deal with while clipping. In my mind, this only lasts for maybe 2-3 minutes and when she's done, she is totally back to normal. Tail wagging, goofy, running around...no signs of PTSD!! So those stressful 3 minutes seem a better alternative than having her drugged and groggy for a good two to three hours. What do you guys think? Am I being unreasonable? If so, I suppose I could go along with the sedation next time unless I find a good strong groomer/vet to take care of business. If not, do you have any suggestions?? This isn't an urgent issue, but I would like to solve it.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)