CureZone   Log On   Join
Warning to Parents of Ezcema Children

virtus_superne10 Views: 9,739
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 6,123

Warning to Parents of Ezcema Children

Hello, my son is 11 months old and just finished going through a horrific experience with atopic dermatitis (ezcema). My wife and I have tried everything from steroid creams to expensive moisturizers. Some temporarily relieved his symptoms only to come back later worse. Last week, his ezcema became seriously infected. I promised myself I would post something on the internet to warn parents of ezcema children. Skin infections are serious for a child and may result in death. My son somehow infected his left index finger with the a type of herpes virus. Due to his itching he scratced himself with the infected finger, and the process began. We noticed a small lesion on the lower side of his face, but figured it was just a blister. The next day, I noticed tiny circular redish vesicles on his right jaw and shoulder. The herpes virus quickly spread all over his shoulder, chest and arm. All the while my son was having an above 100 fever, which is common with this type of infection. We took him to the emergency room in town, but the doctor did not know what it was aside from saying it was infected. He precribed an oral Antibiotic (Cephlex) and sent my son home. The next day he got worse and the infection spread more. We took him to a more promiment hospital in a nearby city and they effectively treated him. If we had not taken him to this hospital, he would of surely died due to septic shock and the infection reaching his blood or Central Nervous System. We are overjoved to say our little one is doing great now and his skin is all cleared up. The Antibiotic they gave him, Acyclovir really made the difference in his recovery. Please parents, if youre son or daughter has ezcema, be vigilant. If you notice any type of lesion, vesicle, or some type of "chicken pox" looking growth on your child, do not hesitate to go to the doctor/hospital...and please do not settle for a physician who does not take it seriously, make sure they take blood work and cultures. Doing so may save a precious life.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.266 sec, (1)