CureZone   Log On   Join
Squirrels and whatever

Corey Views: 2,262
Published: 20 years ago

This is a reply to # 85,719

Squirrels and whatever

You are getting there with the Sountern stuff. Maybe Clem and Bubba's dictionary will help you also.

Around 20 years ago I was cutting down a dead tree in my back yard. There was one baby squirrel in it. Hadn't opened his eyes yet. My 10 year old daughter and I got some cod liver oil and the coffee creamers from the local biscuits and chicken cafe. We fed it with an eye dropper for a while. During the day I would keep it in my shirt pocket, as it was winter. The heart-beat and my body warmth worked wonders. After about three days it opened its eyes and the adventure was on. I would forget about it in my pocket sometimes and would go into a store. He would peek out of my pocket to see what was going on and scare people, at least until they saw what it was. He was a loving thing. He would actually *touch with your tongue* the tip of my nose. I really believe he saw me as his parent. He would crawl all over my body under my coat. Had absolutely no fear of humans. As he grew, he did eventually return to the woods. For years he would come back to the house or to the edge of the yard, seemingly, to just say "Howdy folks, I am doing OK". I would really like to relive that phase of my life. I am thankful for having the privilege of having him.

The corn does not seem to prevent the critters from getting into the bird feeders. It is still fun to see the lengths they will go to get the seed. Fun to watch.

Ain't life grand? Like you said on the other forum, Once is enough if you do it right.

Corey

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.115 sec, (1)