CureZone   Log On   Join
Tomatoes--squirrels--and a quiz

Corey Views: 2,109
Published: 20 y

Tomatoes--squirrels--and a quiz

It's been much too hot for the month of May around here. Tomatoes love it, though. I normally get ripe ones around July 4. Yesterday, I pulled my first ripe one of the season. Talk about scrumptious. Feeding corn to the squirrels seems to be working so far. Hope they keep the taste for corn. I just looked in my front yard and I count eight of them foraging for morsels. I saw something yesterday that I had never seen. A hawk swooped down and caught one of the squirrels. Hate to see that sort of thing, but have to accept that it's part of nature. Back to the gardening. We just went through a long, hot dry spell. The mulch around my plants kept everything from suffering from dryness. In the vegetable garden I use ground up leaves and grass clippings. Keeps the soil moist and a constant temperature. Also decays into a fine organic fertilizer for future uses. Now for some fun. I took this test and scored 88% Southern. Here in NC, I guess that is to be expected, although my grandfather was half Yankee. Yankee--Dixie Quiz How did you do Paulette? Corey

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)