CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Parents

fledgling Views: 1,966
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 852,247

Re: Parents

Paulette,

That is a beautiful story. I hope you have it written, if only for your children and grandchildren. You could write a worthwhile book, as well, should you ever feel inclined.

There are many who need to hear it, for they haven't had the opportunity themselves, and will not have the examples to follow, without you telling.

If I were the boss of you, I'd insist that you sit with a tape recorder and chat with your folks for many hours.

Too, you must look to your mother's well-being when she is on her own...or even when her tasks become too heavy, caring for your dad.

As helpful as their friends may be, there will come a day when it is wise for you to be nearer. Ask your mom to tell you when that time comes.

Meanwhile, prepare...perhaps by talking with your folks about 'someday'. Moving, or temporarily staying nearby (yours or theirs) is a big stress, by itself, no matter that it is a change for the better.

Perhaps do a closet or two at a time, while they are there to see that their belongings find happy homes, or are marked or listed with their future destinations.

Preparing for a change will give your parents great peace of mind. This is an opportunity for you to give them a fine gift...comfort about the future, security.

I don't know how it sits with you and your family, but I have always been a fan of the 'mother-in-law' house...semi-attached...private and independent, but very near.

Your mom would pass on her lovely tenderness, while receiving all the attention and regard she deserves.

...Worth gold and diamonds in any family.

No, my friend, you will not be lost. The love of parents like yours lasts forever. It is part of you, and you will always reflect it.

Fledgling

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.152 sec, (1)