CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: flaxseed oil for infants

sandover Views: 13,968
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 831,329

Re: flaxseed oil for infants

A baby should not need anything other than breastfeeding when she is this young. Assuming you are breastfeeding, then you can look at your diet. Soy and dairy can cause digestive problems when passed through milk to babies, for instance. I once made the mistake of eating cauliflour soup when I was nursing my young babies and it gave them a lot of gas and distress.

My feeling is that when the digestive system is this young, it is getting up and running and there may be problems as you describe. My girls both went for several days without BMs at a young age, which turned out to be fine.

I am a big fan of flax seed oil, don't get me wrong, but I am of the firm belief that babies need nothing other than mother's milk until they are several months old, if not longer! Look at the Weston A. Price website for wonderful information on infant nutrition.

If you are forumla feeding, expect more stomach distress, spit-up, etc. A friend with twins formula fed her babies and used soy formula and had a terrible time with stomach problems and reflux. At 4 months she had to take them to the hospital for impaction.

Good luck. I am sure this will resolve. I know some advocate a dropper of oil to move things along, but I really believe that the baby's system is so immature that it is only ready for mother's milk -- adding anything else to the mix is not advised. Make sure you eat high-quality oils and fats (cod-liver oil, flax oil), stay away from onions and cruciferous vegetables, dairy and soy, and see what happens.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)