CureZone   Log On   Join
Cure for those short stubby eyelashes...

Somer Views: 1,817
Published: 17 y

Cure for those short stubby eyelashes...

My story begins with a nasty attack of "pinkeye"... it started up on a Monday, and I had it fairly well cured within 2-3 days using chamomile tea bag compresses, Colloidal Silver washes and belladonna drops.

Then I awoke the following Saturday with an eye that looked just like hamburger, and felt just about as raw! I repeated the treatment and again had it down to a dull roar.

THEN... the following Thursday... back again!

I finally went to see the opthalmologist. She diagnosed an infection sure enough, but the cause was very interesting. She asked if I used to have more and nicer eyelashes! I did... She asked if I had been suffering from dry and red eyes. I had...

She says the problem started with itty bitty parasites taking up residence at the base of my eyelashes! They were tossing their itty bitty trash into my eyes, which caused the dryness/redness/allergic reaction... which snowballed eventually into the infection (which by the way was only in one eye).

She prescribed a course of mild Antibiotic drops (you have to finish the course over about a month), plus another drop for itching, plus some excellent moisture drops.

About the parasites! She says the method is to get baby shampoo and gauze, and gently scrub the base of your eyelashes with warm water and baby shampoo, morning and night for about a month.

I've been at it for just a couple of days and already cannot believe how white my eyes are, after just putting up with the redness for so long! I live in a dusty area and always just blamed the problem on that...

Huh. You just never know! Sometimes a doctor can come in handy!

And sometimes not! I just saw another opthalmologist who gave me a "full checkup" and didn't diagnose the problem much less treat it. They're just "practicing"!

Best to all,
Somer

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)