CureZone   Log On   Join
Seborrheic Dermatitis and Coloring Facial Hair...Advice sought.

Zufan Views: 5,399
Published: 17 years ago

Seborrheic Dermatitis and Coloring Facial Hair...Advice sought.

Hi, i am an SD suferrer for over 15 years, i keep myself pretty healthy and shave my head so i have been able to " manage " my SD pretty well..well until about 6 months ago when i started greying in the only area where i allaw myself to keep my hair..my goatee.

The thing is i recently tried theh " just for men " facial hair color to replace my grey hair with black (my natural hair is mostly black ) and it worked fine..but then the next day i started getting a watery discharge all over my goatee..Yes, i suspect its due to the break in my scalp somehere, and when i applied the hair color , i am certain it inflamed it ...the discharge went away after 4 days and the intense itching that accompanied it also went away about 6 days later.

YES i can discontiue coloring my goatee...but i really dont want to sport a salt and pepper look, besides telling me to discontinue the product, does anyone have any tried and tested tips or advice ?

I thought about HENNA but it does not come in black, well they say it does but its never the pure henna that is black , its all the other chemicals they put to make it black.

I am really desperatly wanting to keep coloring it , i will try to postpone the touch-ups i do and next time examine the scalp before i apply the color...but outside of that...what else to do ??

Thanks in advance
Zu.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.047 sec, (1)