CureZone   Log On   Join
One Arm Twisting Cable Curls for Pectorals

Logger Views: 3,672
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 811,499

One Arm Twisting Cable Curls for Pectorals

Dear Ren,

I tried a one arm cable curl, that you had described.  I tried various pull positions and turning.  What seemed to give the best pull on the pectoral muscle was I positioned my body, for my right hand curl, with my shoulders turned to my left.  I started the curl from a standard curl, my right arm extended almost straight down, slightly to my back, and pulling upward.  The last Cable pulley was at the floor, slightly behind my direcgtion of curl pull.  Instead of keeping my arm at my side, as my right fist came up past my waist, I started turning my shoulders to my right, bringing my fist close to my stomach, up to my sternum, middle chest, and keeping the force from the cable, tensioning my pectoral muscels, from the cable pulley near the floor.  As my fist with the cable handle comes past my stomach, I turn my shoulders from a turned to the left postion, to my shoulders straight aligned with my feet, to turned fully to the right, as my fist comes past my solar plexus, sternum and toward my chin.  By turning my shoulders, as I keep the cable handle moving upward, close to my chest, my pectoral muscles keep tension during the full range of the curl.  

Ordinary curls lose the tension on the Pectoral muscles, as the fist passes the waist, when keeping the arm at the side of the body.  As I turn into the direction of the cable, the force seems to stay on my Pectoral muscles.

I curled my arm up nearer my chin, to complete the full range of motion for my Bicepts exercise.

When I do half curls with both hands pulling the cables from the floor, upward at my sides, I do not fully curl my bicepts, because I lose pressure on my pectoral muscles, if I bring my arm curls too far upward to maximum curl.  So the one arm turning curl, keeps the pressure on my pectorals, and fully excercises my bicepts.  

Free Weights would not allow me to get my fist as close to my chest, and not have as direct a force on my pectoral muscles.  I prefer the feel of free weights, but the Fly Cable seems to have better angles, more easily.  The cables have the disadvantage of uncertain and varying pull forces due to varitions in pulley friction resitance.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (2)