CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: What to try next

fledgling Views: 1,974
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 809,771

Re: What to try next

I've noticed that people nearly always take anything you say, personally, imagining themselves in the circumstances you suggest.

So, as my brother and his wife were getting ready to leave after their visit today, I tossed out that I am interested in changing 'the system' to be more useful to most people.

Right away quick, my sister-in-law spoke three points...

...'I like the retirement homes they have today, but they are too expensive,'

...'My mom and dad are going to need care, soon,'

...'Well, if our investments pay off, we'll be able to afford a retirement home for ourselves.'

(I hadn't said what I want. I only mentioned that there is government funding available for seniors' projects to help seniors. My brother made a little snorting sound. He hasn't much faith in government systems.)

Then I ran one more idea up the pole...that those arrangements may be quite temporary.

'Yes,' they agreed...then said their goodbyes.

So, there it is...it's a race. Have enough money to pay what is asked for a bit of a nice home, while you can appreciate it.

But, then what?

If you have alienated your family members by your demands, and if you, and your family, can't possibly afford escalating medical costs, thereafter, you have to become a ward of 'the system'...for as long as you last.

Or, you can stay put in your familiar home, until something gives...

Except...except if you already keep yourself well and fit.

Then you have several options...

...If you have enough money, you can choose a retirement home, for a long period of time, as long as you get the lifestyle that you need,

...You can stay in your familiar home, longer, or,

...You can join in a community of healthier people contributing to group living. Cash might not be as important as ability.

I am going to see if such a community can be built, here...soon.

It's worth a try.

Fledgling

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)