CureZone   Log On   Join
The Importance of Flaxseed Oil or Fish Oil Omega 3's

bioticsadp Views: 6,293
Published: 18 y

The Importance of Flaxseed Oil or Fish Oil Omega 3's

From Aunty

EFA deficiency is definitely a factor that has to be addressed in eczema sufferers; however, it is not the only deficiency an eczema manifestation represents. As a result, people who focus solely on replenishing EFA deficiency, (at the exclusion of the other deficiencies), end up frustrated in the healing process. In their frustration, they then reject the importance of EFA replenishment regarding eczema treatment. EFA replenishment is still essential to eczema healing; it just needs to be done in conjunction with nutritional replenishment of the various other vitamin/mineral deficiencies eczema represents.

Because eczema is an immuno-disorder, boosting immune health is also a requirement. As a result, beta carotene, zinc, and selenium deficiencies need to be addressed as well when you are referring to eczema treatment. Of the three of those immune boosting nutrients, beta carotene is of major importance in eczema healing. As a matter of fact, and if I had to do order of importance, this would be the first nutrient I'd focus attention on replenishing. I only say that to prove the importance of this essential nutrient. I wouldn't limit my focus to just one nutrient. Because I know that there are numerous deficiencies represented with an eczema flareup, my focus would be on replenishing all of those deficiencies. This is why I place such a strong focus on nutritional awareness in whole foods as a means of replenishing deficient nutrients. It is also why I keep referring to the outline of those deficiencies, listed in an easy-to-read format on the wholehealthmd.com website. It's a good reference guide for those overwhelmed by the process of becoming more knowledgable of these essential nutrients and their whole food sources.

Beta carotene, zinc, selenium, essential fatty acids (omega-3, omega-6, omega-9, & GLA/gamma linoleic acid), quercetin, fiber, and vitamin C,D, & E. In addition, and because of some of the restrictive diets that are recommended for eczema sufferers, calcium, B complex vitamins and magnesium also develope as deficiencies. As a result of these multiple deficiencies, eczema sufferers are forced to become knowledgable of nutrition found in whole food consumption.

I've simply listed the deficiencies. I didn't really get into the functions of these different nutrients (with the exception of the immune boosting nutrients). Though I won't go into the importance/functions of the other nutrients, I can say that your EFA's are responsible for maintaining the cells moisture. This is important because the skin's moisture barrier serves as a protective barrier against the elements/free radicals. Now although they are a protective barrier against the elements, it is the job of the immune boosting nutrients to provide the fighting power against those elements/free radicals (toxins). This is why beta carotene, zinc, and selenium become important. Each of the different nutrients have significant roles to play in body healing; I've just focused on two functions.

My point in all of this is to provide people with some insight on why they become frustrated when focus is placed solely on one aspect of deficiency. It doesn't mean that you dismiss the importance of that one deficient nutrient; it just means that you need to include the other aspects of deficiencies in your treatment process as well.

Add To Favorites!
Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Like     Dislike
DISCLAIMER

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (2)