CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: 17 month old, help from aunty?

aunty Views: 2,455
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 779,856

Re: 17 month old, help from aunty?

Hello,

More than just taking away foods that are allergens to your son, you really need to be replenishing the nutrients for which he is deficient. What are you feeding your son to restore his immune health? Beta carotene is the immune boosting nutrient that needs to be addressed. This nutrient can be replenished by leafy green vegetables, carrots, squash, and a host of other fruits and vegetables. Fiber has got to be addressed with your son as well. Oatmeal, as opposed to rice cereal is the better option for introducing fiber into son's system. You really need to become familiar with the nutrients that are deficient with eczema sufferers and work to replenish those nutrients through the proper nutrition. The wholehealthmd.com website provides you with an easy to read outline regarding the food choices that would bring about the healthy change. Your focus has been on food elimination. Equally important is the proper food/drink intake. Yes, you've eliminated; but have you replenished. Taking away what's bad is half the step; the other necessary half is to replenish the nutrients needed to restore the immune health and promote the healing.

Once an individual's immune system is weak or unhealthy a multitude of allergen/irritants become culprit as a result of the weakness. Thus, although you suspect food allergens as the major culprit, be aware that his system is now vulnerable to other instigating factors as well. If the water used to clean your children is treated with chlorine or fluoride, these could prove to be just as irritating to the skin. In addition, and especially concerning infants and children, immunizations can also promote eczema.

You mentioned that neither of his sisters have eczema. In multiple births, it is not unusual that one child may have been deprived of certain nutrients in the womb. This may have been the case for your son. It's not a hopeless situation. It just means that you need to focus more strongly with him on nutrient replenishment. I recommend that you incorporate a childrens multivitamin in a liquid form (from an organic source) as a daily supplement. Whole Foods Market has a good selection.

Keeping your son's skin clean is extremely important to his healing process. The lotion should only be applied to clean skin. We first cleaned my nieces skin with the burts bees buttermilk soap along with apricot oil added to the bath water before we would apply the lotion. The Burts Bees talc free powder was the last step after the lotion. The powder serves to cool the skin and relieve the itch. The skin has to be cleaned at night before going to bed and again in the morning after a nights sleep. This was imperative during the severe breakout stage my nieces suffered. We didn't want to leave room for bacteria to grow. This is why purified water (free of chemicals/toxins) is essential to those who suffer with eczema.

- Make sure that you keep your son's fingernails cut.
- Have your son tested for metal toxicity.

- Does your son suffer with constipation?
- Where is your son's eczema located?
- What do you feed your son daily?
- Do you have pets?
- Is there carpet on the floors?
- Is there a smoker in the house?
- What type of bedding does your son have/is it free of bed mites?
- Do you have an air purifier system in your son's room to rid the air of dust/allergens?
- What detergent do you use to wash your childrens clothing?

I attacked my nieces eczema without the help of conventional or natural health practitioners. They stated they had no cure; so I set out to do my own research and to allow the human body to teach me how to help it heal. It was a very simplistic approach. I had to learn the function of the skin; and once I learned its function, I began to understand how to help it heal. Unlike the conventional approach, I chose not to suppress the immune system; but rather, to strengthen the immune health in the hope that it would begin to function in its healing capacity. In addition, I removed the allergen/irritant culprits from my nieces environment. In addition to that, I focused on finding a cleansing regimen that would promote skin healing naturally. By addressing the internal, external, and foreign aspects of the problem, I was addressing the cause. As a result, the healing came (and quickly).

I see both sides of this issue daily. I see the dramatic healing of severe eczema (without the use of medications) when I look at my nieces. Yet, I see the extreme damage that years of toxic medications, along with poor health habits has caused my mother. So on the one hand I'm overjoyed; and on the other, I'm disgusted. My mother has seen her granddaughters dramatic healing results enduring for years now; yet, she still chooses conventional medicine as her eczema habit. My nieces had severe (total body) eczema flareups and they were healed (naturally) within a matter of two weeks. Ironically, my mothers isolated eczema patch on her hands has, over the years and at the hands of conventional medicine, grown into a total body flareup. I visit the website less frequently now because I'm so tired of talking to a brick wall. My mother's condition is getting to me because I know what she needs to do to heal; yet she won't hear me because I'm not a doctor. I'm just her daughter and who am I to tell her what to do. Because I don't want to bring my frustrations to this forum, I don't visit much anymore. However, it is because of the children that I began posting messages; and so, for your son, I had to respond.

aunty

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (3)