CureZone   Log On   Join
The dangers of Curezone

Views: 5,640
Published: 18 years ago

The dangers of Curezone

First off, apologies for stooping to using negative advertising here to attract your attention, but something has finally :-) occurred to me that it seems we routinely almost religiously ignore in these parts. I'm not talking about the dangers of online stalkers or issues involving the "privacy manager", or whose truth speaks loudest or with the most emphasis.

Instead, what about the multi-levels of stress created by engaging in Curezone in more than a limited way?

Many people here get VERY involved in posting, reading, studying, responding to others in need, and indeed staying up half the night glued to the monitor with curezone "on". Yes, I confess to being overly involved.

Years ago, I took a web development course, before 'internet' was much more than something the military used. My colleagues and I spent five intense months practically living/sleeping with our machines. After the thrill of being on the 'cutting edge' of this new tool, we got down to the plain old hard work. Very quickly, we all began to notice 'symptoms'-- the primary one being something no one wanted to mention at first.

Depression. Yes, a sort of mild Depression that seemed unrelated to any reason in 'life'. Then there were weird neck discomforts, general malaise and a feeling of increasing toxicity. None of us looked well. We all became much more conscious of a whole host of general complaints, increasing, from headaches to exhaustion, to an inability to sleep well, to a kind of manic over-involvement. It all felt really draining.

By the end of that course, I took my certificate, and wanted nothing more to do with
computers. My whole being craved the earth, sun, air, water, and I went camping.
Went to live in the woods for a time. Never did go into the industry, and yet--I just realized, here I am again!

I actually compose on this beast--where for years I wrote longhand anything I wanted to write, and then typed it up. Now I ( well, we ) "word process".

Just thought some of you might also like to examine how much time you spend attached to this place...it's ironic really, since the pursuit of health and wholeness can become such an addiction itself-- doubly ironic that many of us must be depleting ourselves at the same time! Always looking for another supplement? Angsting over every new twinge. Posting that such and such "hasn't worked".

Anyway, I feel like the hundredth monkey today...or is that the ninety-ninth?
Close to "getting it", at any rate. Thank God for reason. :-)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.105 sec, (2)